Rebooting for faster growth
Smartware Group makes a product called Bigfoot CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System), an enterprise maintenance software solution.
Smartware Group, a small software player based in New Hampshire, sold a commodity product for maintenance management that competitors were outselling. The bootstrapping founders rebranded the company; changed the flagship product name, redesigned their logo and website, and hired a marketing firm to help them hone their messaging. Smartware Group used customer videos and webinar marketing programs, but needed to boost its online presence and grow its brand for decision-makers in the industries it served.
The Public Relations Strategy/Solution
G2 Communications launched a PR plan to increase demand for Bigfoot CMMS through editorial programs, and educate and inform target audiences. Not only did G2 Communications generate high volume, quality digital content over that 12-month period – 77,000+ hits on Google – it successfully positioned the company founder and Bigfoot creator as a media expert by establishing strong bonds between Smartware Group and trade editors. G2 Communications interviewed customers and ghostwrote numerous case studies for publication; and produced press releases that regularly achieved high search rankings – all the while focusing on helping sales generate more leads.
- Top line revenues increased 36% during the initial year of launching G2 Communications’ PR programs.
- Industry publications regularly featured the Bigfoot CMMS in trend stories and customer case studies
- Industry magazines publishes monthly column by Smartware Group CEO, researched and ghostwritten by G2 Communications
- G2 Communications also writes regularly for Smartware Group’s blog.
- B2B marketing efforts continue to benefit from re-purposing PR content to engage customers, generate leads.